Saturday, March 28, 2015

Slice #29 of 31 March Challenge

The Plane Ride
"Boarding all B boarding passes." Calls a flight attendant.  
She has a slow almost robotic voice that's a little bit squeaky.  I stand up and wheel my bag over to the desk where the flight attendant sits.  She takes my boarding pass and puts it through a scanner.  A green light turns on and she takes it out.  Then she takes my passport to make sure all the information is correct.  She hands my boarding pass back to me and I start walking through the tunnel that connects the plane to the airport.  I put my suitcase up and then turn to help my grandma with hers.  I sit down and start flipping through one of my magazines.  I watch movies, read books, and listen to music until it's time to go to sleep.  It is already pitch black outside.  The crew comes around with pillows and blankets.  I lean my head against the window and pull my scarf up.  It smells like my sister (because it's actually her scarf).  I take a deep breath and put my head back down.  It is impossible to sleep on a plane.  Hours pass, I try to get comfortable but I can't.  I am still awake when the same squeaky voiced flight atendant announced that we have arrived.  Finally.

4 comments:

  1. Cool slice Soph. I, unlike many people can sleep on planes. I hope your flight wasn't to bad. Miss you and have fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love riding places, because you have extenchens in stuff and its just fun! I like your story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got to Paris! I cannot sleep on planes. I hope you had an ok flight, miss you, have fun!

    ReplyDelete