Sunday, March 29, 2015

Slice #30 of 31 March Challenge

The Museum and The Notre Dame Cathedral
 Today I woke up really late.  I woke up at 9:42 am Paris time. Granted this is only 2:42 am in Colorado but I realized how tired I must have been after traveling yesterday.  I started to sit up in my little nook in the apartment.  I almost climbed down my ladder to see if my grandparents were awake but I heard a huge snore coming from below.  Haha I get the first shower.  I climbed down, still in my heart patterned pajamas and grabbed my tiny shampoo bottle.  After my shower I went to make some coffee for my grandparents (if they ever get up) and some tea for myself.  They have the strangest kinds of tea in France.  I munched on a slice of baguette for breakfast and then went back to my little nook to change out of my pajamas and watch some French television. My grandparents woke up a few hours later (at 11:03) and got ready for the day.  We set at for lunch at 12:10.  I had some delicious French onion soup and some kind of sweet French soda that was served in a wine glass.  After lunch we started walking to the Notre Dame Cathedral.  We walked past a couple shops and then we found a bridge to cross the Seine river.  Around the river there were book vendors who all called out to us in French.  We kept walking across the bridge.  The Notre Dame Cathedral looked big from a distance but up close it was huge.  All the big windows and intricate gargoyles were stunning. The towering height of the church was astounding.  I couldn't believe it.  After taking a walk around the grounds we went to wait in the long line to go inside the cathedral.  The line luckily moved fast so we were inside pretty quickly.  It had started to get cold and I felt bad for all the people behind us.  The colorful light danced down from the stained glass windows.  It was even more beautiful inside!  I was astounded by the complexity of the building and yet it looked so elegant and simple.  After we exited the cathedral we went to a cafe to discuss our next move.  I was grateful for the tea set in front of me for it had gotten very windy outside.  We decide to go to l'orangerie museum.  l'orangerie has the work of several great impressionists.  We walked inside and I headed straight to the rooms with Monet's in them.  I walked in and my heart skipped a beat.  They were huge and beautiful.  I was in awe.  There are just no words to describe them.  I couldn't believe what I was seeing.  It was like magic.  After we left the museum we went to get dinner.  I had a cheese crepe that was really good.  I had a macaron for dessert and then came back to the apartment.  I changed into my heart shaped pajamas and crawled into my little nook to go to sleep.  

2 comments:

  1. I love little nooks. This sounds like a f7un day, I hope your having fun in paris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of being there, too!! Have any pics??

    ReplyDelete